Tuesday, January 31, 2012

WHOOT WHOOT!

Sorry I did not blog on Sunday... I got a wonderful burst of energy that allowed me to clean my house like a mad-woman after the 4 mile run!
Sunday's run was wonderful... yes, there was black-ice, no, my tracks didn't work 100% BUT I was out there at 8:00am on a Sunday, running.  And when I could look up and take in the scenery, it was a beautiful morning! 4 miles is the farthest I've ever ran.   We did 20 second runs, 60 second walks on this run.  It was a brisk 30 degrees and I wore a long sleeved shirt with a t-shirt over top (I promised myself I would log that so I could remember what to wear in the future).

Tonight's run was AWESOME! It was about 40 degrees, no ice, and comfortable! It was our 30 minute maintenance run and it felt really good! My wonderful sister in law and I get to talk education and kids and family life while we run and it's a really great time to just relax and just run/walk/run! Gallaway-it-up BABY!

So Maggie suggested I write about the smell going up to the meeting room above the Runner's Edge.  It reminds me of a little babydoll I once had.  When I was little, there was a fire at the clinic my dad worked at and all of the toys in the waiting room came to live with us while they cleaned up the clinic.  One toy was a little babydoll that I loved! Since the store next to the Runner's Edge just witnessed a fire as well, the smell going up to the meeting room reminds me of that babydoll and it's strangely comforting!

No comments:

Post a Comment