Sunday, January 22, 2012

And a-waaaaay we go!



So this morning was the first morning of the marathon training group.  Turns out, since I have been running a bit and doing interval training anyway, I pushed myself a bit and ran with the marathon trainers on a 3 mile run.  The half marathoners ran a 1 mile run this morning.  
This morning I decided that I'll go with the marathoners until I feel like I can't do it anymore... I had fun this morning.  I can't lie.  We did 30 second intervals (30 seconds walking/30 second running) and they really stressed with this class that you are to go at your own pace, do not push yourself because those are the times when you get hurt.  This is much more my philosophy in life.  I really like to do things at my own pace and they really stressed that even if you are running a 15 minute mile but you're having fun and liking it, then GO FOR IT! Who cares how fast you're running?!?! LOVE THAT!!!!!
I heard all kinds of stories this morning.  My inlaws are "pace group leaders" and so I've heard all about the rubbing and the chaifing... Things I didn't even know, like it's not a good idea to wear cotton socks on long runs?!?! I've got so much to learn but I'm so willing to do it! It's going to be a great experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment