Thursday, January 26, 2012

Doubt


So Tuesday we went out and had our 2nd run... 30 minutes, warm up your muscles, play with your walk/run intervals... just run.  It was a little icy, a little cold, but I got out there and I ran.  And to be quite honest with myself, I had fun!
Wednesday I got up and got ready for work.  I knelt on the couch to pick something up under the couch and TWANG! OUCH! Hamstring pain like no other.  I remembered my brother's basketball injuries in high school were treated with a 30 minute ice, 30 minute heat rotation, so I did that on Wednesday night and did not do any running on Wednesday... but it scared me a little bit.  So I went out gingerly today and did another 30 minutes and then I called that old basketball player turned trainer...
My brother the trainer talked to me about my shoes... yep, that's right.  He knew I got ShapeUps for Christmas and he asked me if I had been running in them.  Yes I have.  He said there have been numerous injuries connected to the ShapeUps and there are even lawsuits connected to them...Thanks Mom and Dad for the wonderful present :P.
Alrighty, I'll change my shoes! So I talked with my husband today about the "shoe" issue and he said "Well isn't there someone that can help you, ya know, find a pair of shoes" and I said "Yes of course! I can go to the Runner's Edge but it will probably be expensive if I go there" He says "Well I'm sure if you tell them you're a beginner and you... might not... I mean you haven't done a whole lot... I mean maybe they can help you find a cheaper pair so that if you don't..." 
LIGHT BULB! He doesn't think I will stick with this! He doesn't think that I can do it! HE DOESN'T THINK THAT HIS WIFE WILL RUN/WALK A MARATHON! I don't want to tell my dad for this reason, but my husband? 

No comments:

Post a Comment