Tuesday, May 1, 2012

20...er.. nope

Sunday's 20 miler was eventful! I learned some lessons through someone else this week (names unmentioned... but you'll probably figure things out... HA) and have the same person to thank for REPEATING the run next Sunday!
We'll just say... 11.5 miles, hospital for a loved one, babysit- soccer game, pictures, playing, CRAZY! When my head hit the pillow Sunday, I felt like I had run 20 miles even though we ended early.

I will say that I am playing serious mental games with myself this week... going to the hospital was a lose/lose situation.  My mind is now playing tricks on me saying that I used my friend going to the hospital as an excuse to get out of the rest of the run.  My mind is telling me that I knew Mags would be fine.
My heart is telling me that I would have kicked myself for finishing the run too.  My heart is telling me that my nephews needed me and Mags needed me and I did a good thing. AND if something had been seriously wrong, I really would have regretted the run.
It's a good thing Sue and I will be making up the run next Sunday so I can shut my mind up!!!!

Okay so here's the lesson.  The run itself on Sunday was extremely relaxing for me.  I was just in it for the jog and I was even mentally prepared to do it myself.  I'm starting to love my solo runs on Tuesday and Thursday more and more.  This is a stress reducer for me.  Last week was HELL for me at work and this time of the year doesn't exactly make it any easier.  Friday afternoon I went for a run and was able to completely leave my week behind me and enjoy my weekend.  While this whole experience is new and different and at times stressful, it is, overall, my stress reducer.
That being said... I yelled with JOY yesterday when I walked up the stairs after a long run (yes 11.5 is still a long run) and DIDN'T HAVE TO USE THE RAILING!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment