Saturday, February 18, 2012

Busy week - New Shoes!

It's been a very busy week and the busiest yet in my running career! HA! And because of this busyness, for the first week, I didn't follow the program. I didn't get home before 6:00 this entire week and by Thursday, I came down with a head cold.  Combining these two things (not training and the cold) and I'm suddenly extremely nervous about tomorrow's 7.5 mile run.  This week has left me feeling weak and un-relaxed... a feeling I haven't yet felt while preparing for a run.

Tuesday's run was fast.  15.5 mile pace including the 5 minute walking warm-up.  I think it's the shoes.  HA HA!!! My mom and brother are both being especially supportive and both sent me money to get new shoes. So I went in to the Runner's Edge and got fitted for new runners! I got some gray and teal Nike Zooms.  LOVE THEM!

This week coming up proves to be just as busy.  My school is hiring a new Superintendent and they are involving the teachers in the interviews and the decision which is why I wasn't even home until 10:00 on Thursday and won't be home until a similar time next Wednesday.  I'm hoping these runs will help me calm down after these busy weeks and I will be able to use running as a destresser.  I'm already seeing the camaraderie with my in-laws as a huge help in these stressful times.

No comments:

Post a Comment