Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Beer run and long runs


Tonight was my first BEER RUN!!!! Whooooo hoooooo!!!! Carol and I ran together and did about a 4 mile run (we didn't follow the trail!) and did a 30/35 interval... we broke ALL the rules tonight! HA! But it was fun! And believe me, going running tonight was really the last thing I wanted to do.  February has been extremely busy and I'm relishing every chance I get to get home before 5:00 and not leave... but I left tonight and I had a blast! BTW Buffalo burgers and a Cold Smoke for $9 at Al and Vics!!! YUM!!!

This week was a "small" run week... we ran 3 miles on Sunday and 2.5 on Tuesday and I gotta tell you, I'm starting to crave the longer runs!!! I almost feel like I can't get into my run enough by 3 miles, I need longer to really get in the groove.  And as an official BOP (Back of the Pack) runner, we're running 20/60 intervals which makes it even harder to get into the groove by only 3 miles.  It's been weird and nice to think of my running experience this way.  

Sunday's run will be a 10 mile run.  I'm still waiting to hit my wall.  Hopefully it won't be this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment