Friday, March 30, 2012

Running when you're sick...

I knew it was coming.  I always get a cold sore right BEFORE I get sick.  So I've been coughing and hacking all week.  Thursday, I joined some of our BOPers for a run, knowing it might not be very much fun for me with this darn cold.
I was pleasantly wrong! When I got done, my throat felt like it was on fire and my tonsils swelled to the size of Cadbury eggs but I was happy, I felt healthy (aside from the throat) and I grew more love for the people I run with.

I have to tell you that I expected to find some sort of social life and new friends from this running group but I never expected the SUPPORT.  The ladies of the Back of the Pack have shown nothing but love for running and have helped several people learn to love this sport... and we're only half way through! They've given advice when needed and let me be when needed. They've checked up on me, made sure I was still loving it, and I AM!!! AND I'm still injury free and have been very lucky to love each and every one of my runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment