Thursday, March 22, 2012

12.5

Sunday was my longest run ever.  We ran for 12.5 miles in and around Missoula's streets. I've been asked to blog about it, but to be quite honest, I don't really want to because I was, and still sort-of am, a negative Nelly about the whole thing.  I was frustrated with the fact that we were running in town and had to cross busy streets but I was more frustrated with the amount of bathroom breaks my group took! We ran for 3.5 hours and took 3 bathroom breaks!!!! It was really hard to get into any kind of rhythm with that many breaks.  And the whole idea of the pace group is to stick with the group, build off each other, and get the camaraderie of being in a group... but seriously when we were on our 3rd bathroom break with only 5 (or so) miles left to go, I wanted to leave their asses and just get the damn run OVER!
My attitude has sucked lately.  Tuesday's run was nice, but short, and I've been incredibly pissy and tired.  I was really thankful for tonight's run so that I could get into my center again and remind myself why I was doing this.  I did a four mile loop around my "neighborhood" and enjoyed running around the countryside.  I even saw horses, ran on some dirt road, and smelled a little poop! There was only one little issue when I almost threw my beeper at a chick who almost hit me because she was texting while driving.  I was pleasantly surprised when I got home and my ipod told me I was running at a 14.1 mile pace! That's really fast for me!

I'm going to try running with my brother this weekend... it'll be interesting to see how things go as he and I are more competitive but I want to show him what's up with this whole Galloway way!

No comments:

Post a Comment