Monday, February 20, 2012

Run, Recover, Run

I was incredibly nervous for my run on Sunday.  I hadn't run my extra 30 minutes, I had a cold, and I wasn't mentally prepared.  
It rocked!!! I'm really loving the Galloway program.  Sunday's run was a walk 60 run 20 interval and it was perfect for the way I was feeling.  By the end of the 20 seconds, I needed to walk because my head cold was taking over and it was harder to breathe.  On a better day, I may have gotten frustrated with the slower pace, thought I could do better, and my ego may have gotten the better of me.  Yesterday, I was grateful for the slower pace, the allowance to recover, and the lack of ego.  I now know that if I can do 7.5 miles with a cold and a little run down from a busy week, I'll absolutely be able to do the 26.2 it takes to complete a marathon!  
I have another busy week ahead of me, but I know that I'll keep on truckin' and making it through! 

No comments:

Post a Comment