Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Big one!

Whew! Sunday was a biggie!!! 5.5 miles! I texted my lovely brother (yes the trainer) before I ran on Sunday and he said "good luck! My goal is to eat 3 times as many calories as you burn!" HA HA! I think that was his own way of supporting me... and saying it was Super Bowl (a holiday in his house).
We also did our miracle mile on Sunday! You take your time for running one mile and multiply it by 1.3. That will be your projected marathon pace.  Then I'll train 2 minutes slower than that.  I ran at a 12:50 pace! That's the fastest I've ever done a mile before! It was kinda fun! AND it was my first MM of the season so I'll probably get faster from there... not that that is my goal.  My goal is to finish!

So this week marks the 3rd week I'm at this.  My other goals (mentioned in the first blog) are in my brain, nagging at the fact that I haven't lost any weight yet.  Nagging at my conscience of "I should be happier." Nagging at many many other things that I thought would happen a bit faster when I started this program.  I do have a bit more of a social life, but I'm also much more busy.  I have afterschool program on Mondays and Wednesdays, running club on Sundays and Tuesdays, which means that over half my week is taken up with commitments.  Do I call this a social life? No.  Maggie and I both dashed off after running tonight to come home and do some homework.
I know things will come with time but it's the being patient part that I've always struggled with.  I am, by nature, a very patient person with other people and other things, but with myself; I want things to happen now.  Am I disappointed with the the Galloway Marathon training? NO, I'm not done yet... but the fear is started to settle in and the thoughts of failure are sneaking in when I least expect it.  I will complete this, but the other goals are the ones I'm scared will not be completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment